Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photography Class

Today I had a photography class. It was a private lesson (along with my brother), and we went to Marin Headlands. I went there last week with the Crissy Field Camp. The area is amazing and I am grateful that I was able to return to take pictures. I learned quite a bit about lighting and the motivation for taking pictures. I really want to buy an SLR (single lens reflex) camera. Tiffany has one and the difference between a classic digital camera and the SLR is amazing. Everything is clear, and the pictures nearly always look beautiful. In the past I couldn't really understand why people enjoyed photographs, or distinguish the difference between a good and bad photo. I still have a lot to learn but I feel like I'm a step closer to better appreciation of this art. Slowly, as I've become older, my experiences help me understand and relate to abstract and various art forms. This is great because since I live in San Francisco there are tons of new opportunities to go to art galleries and museums. For the past 5 years I've been saying "what is there to do here besides go shopping and see movies." Finally I can enjoy the fruits of this city.

Here are a few pictures:


1 comment:

Christina. said...

Oh the Marin Headlands is awesome... might go camping overnight for my job in a little over a week & a half from now.